Radiation reaction and relativistic hydrodynamics. - PubMed - NCBI
This book provides an up-to-date, lively, and approachable introduction to the mathematical formalism, numerical techniques, and applications of relativistic hydrodynamics. The topic is typically covered either by very formal or by very phenomenological books, but is instead presented here in a form that will be appreciated both by students and researchers in the field.
The topics covered in the book are the results of work carried out over the last 40 years, which can be found in rather technical research articles with dissimilar notations and styles. The book is not just a collection of scattered information, but a well-organized description of relativistic hydrodynamics, from the basic principles of statistical kinetic theory, down to the technical aspects of numerical methods devised for the solution of the equations, and over to the applications in modern physics and astrophysics.
Numerous figures, diagrams, and a variety of exercises aid the material in the book. The most obvious applications of this work range from astrophysics black holes, neutron stars, gamma-ray bursts, and active galaxies to cosmology early-universe hydrodynamics and phase transitions and particle physics heavy-ion collisions. It is often said that fluids are either seen as solutions of partial differential equations or as "wet".
Second-Order Relativistic Hydrodynamics
Fluids in this book are definitely wet, but the mathematical beauty of differential equations is not washed out. Readership: Graduate and post-graduate students, professors, lecturers, and researchers in astrophysics, particle physics, and applied mathematics.
- Relativistic Hydrodynamics: Theory and Modern Applications?
- Parents First: Parents and Children Learning Together.
- Numerical Hydrodynamics in Special Relativity.
- Wicked Words: Sex In The Office.
- The role of acceleration and vorticity in relativistic hydrodynamics | EPJ Web of Conferences;
Ikjyot Singh Kohli Dr. Ikjyot Singh Kohli 1, 7 7 silver badges 9 9 bronze badges.
Sign up or log in Sign up using Google. Sign up using Facebook. Sign up using Email and Password. Post as a guest Name.
- Astrophysics Source Code Library!
- Useful Links.
- Second-Order Relativistic Hydrodynamics | Perimeter Institute.
- Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning: An Approach to Distinctively Christian Education (Turning Point Christian Worldview Series)?
- Donate to arXiv!
Email Required, but never shown. Featured on Meta. Custom Filters release announcement. Related 2. Hot Network Questions. Question feed.